The Mainstay Foundation (UK and US) are pleased to announce this year’s Najaf Retreat.
This project aims to take a select group of active brothers and sisters ages 18-24 to the Holy City of Najaf in which they will embark on an uplifting educational and spiritual journey. The retreaters will meet and benefit from renowned scholars in the Islamic Seminary as well as visit the Holy Shrines in Najaf, Karbala, Samira’ and Kadhmiyah.
The Najaf Retreat is an excellent opportunity for young leaders in our communities to be exposed to the rich Islamic heritage in Iraq by visiting the Holy Shrines and connecting with scholars in the Islamic Seminary in Najaf.
- Applicants must:
- Be between 18-24 years of age and currently enrolled in University or recently graduated.
- Have not previously attended The Najaf Retreat
- Be active in Shia community projects
- Provide details of two referees who will attest to their involvement in community work and suitability for the retreat
- Complete an online application
- Hold a valid passport
- Pay the fees before the set deadline (which will be announced)
- Other information:
- Duration: Approximately 14 days including travel time.
- Dates: December 22nd – January 4th (Tentative).
- Cost (estimated):
- Everything is paid for except airline ticket
- Estimated airline tickets North America: $2,000 – $2,700 (USD)
- Estimated airline tickets EU/UK: £800 – £1,500 (GBP)
- If you need financial assistant, please check the box in the application.
- Deadline: September 15th, 2022
If you are interested to apply for the Najaf Retreat, you must fill out the application below:
** A committee will review all applications and select 40+ attendees based on merit. Once selected, participants will be notified regarding the next steps in the application process including, paying the fee and submitting the necessary paperwork.